Summer Online Movement Series
Youth Writing Prompts
1. Outside the Window: What’s the weather outside your window doing right now? If that’s not inspiring, what’s the weather like somewhere you wish you could be?
2. Write about a ship or other vehicle that can take you somewhere different from where you are now.
3. Food: If you could have anything to eat what would you make? How would you make it? Would you rather go to a cafe? Who would be cooking?
4. Eavesdropper: Create a poem, short story, or journal entry about a conversation you’ve overheard.
5. Sounds: Sit outside for about an hour. Write down the sounds you hear.